Thursday, September 9, 2010

Too Much Ire And Not Enough... Fice?

I've heard it said that people think Bill Hicks is a loudmouth. Suffice to say, these people are idiots.

OK, I'm not about to take out the judgement broom and start whapping people with it, but I would go as far as saying that people who are afraid to think for themselves are foolish. And once you let foolishness take over your being, you are an idiot for doing so. When you start lambasting the free opinions of one individual with generalisations shared by many hive minded idealists, you may as well serve your brain out on a platter, eat it up and then shit it into the toilet where it belongs.

Anyway, I happen to think Bill Hicks is genius. But not in a Stephen Hawking or Albert Einstein type of way, just in an Everyman kinda way, because everyone who appreciates this kind of "comedy" (I would say it were more spoken word myself) Knows themselves that they would like to have the courage to do it too. They know that there is simple truth behind it and that is the simple genius I'm addressing. I didn't know until I watched it today (Revelations - Bill Hicks) that I was setting myself along that road too.

I wouldn't go as far as saying I was genius or anywhere near it, but I do have one thing in common with this guy and many before him and few after, that I just cannot keep my damn mouth shut.

The problem is though, I'm too damn passive to be a comedian or public speaker.

I have decided though that I'm going to be a bit more loose with my tongue when it comes to dishing it out to those I think deserve it. Seems like everyone else can get away with it, so why can't I, ey?



I have a simple philosophy I live by (actually one of many) that goes;

"When you put money as your No.1 priority, you become my No.2"

Man, I cannot stand those who put money before people. It's a simple rule of thumb for me. I'm gonna have a good rag-out about greedy people soon.

For no reason at all, here's another of my basic principles;

"Treat others as you'd like to be treated yourself" - no, I'm not paraphrasing... We are in Twenty-ten, not Zero AD!

OK, so anyway, I'm one of these ire-free people. I can't stand gossip or those who like to spread it, I can't stand greedy bastards either (there is something I'd like to discuss eventually: Those fuckers who, when someone asks for something you have only a tiny bit of knowing full-well you won't refuse, take advantage; or in another case, when you actually do refuse them on the grounds of not actually having enough for yourself, say you've double standards! It's like "Fuck off and stop covering for your scabbing by saying I'M doing something wrong!") I also cannot stand folks with double standards. As I've just said *ahem*.

Problem is, I'm too... nice... when I am going off on one about 'em. I'm pretty sure the older I get the more cynical I get. I guess there are great things to learn from cynicism. And realism. Hence comedy. Comedy is ironic. Because we're all guilty of stupid shit somewhere or other along the road. But feck sake, I'm an awful pushover at best. Anyway, I'm not sure where this is going really.

I never am. I find that the more I plan to write something, the less likely it is to be done. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't got some kinda formula to this piece, but there are many ways to get the same answer. I like Maths even if I'm completely shit at it.

Anyway, I'm gonna let the ire run a bit more freely from here I think. Feels good man.

I've lost track of where this was going for sure, so I'm gonna re-cap. The reason I like Bill hicks, like other comedians, is that he's a doer, even if he doesn't do anything but speak. That is half the battle just speaking your mind. Being complacent irks me something terrible. I'd like to be just a little more forward than I am right now. I resolve to fix this. I have very basic human moral standards. I plan to write and live by them, even if it takes my lifetime to do it. At least I know I've always been truthful. I always plan to speak my mind. I won't be famous for it, but I won't have anything to regret.


Oh, and blah blah blah




Now, for no reason at all, a few shit I was writing on my phone for the last week and a half! (In no particular order)

- How will people learn?

How does anyone learn at all? Fortune favours the brave! Really great men, in fact are MADE by their mistakes. We cannot go on through life pussyfooting around them. And for feck's sake, when will we actually LEARN from them, ey?

- I have no problems with the individuals, just the establishments that the individual lend themselves to without question.

- There are pros and cons to doing things early in life that you probably shouldn't do. But there are pros and cons to everything. So what? You live, you learn. Or else you fall flat on your face and admire the view of the pavement.

- There's a difference between saying something coldly and saying something in realistic terms, just so long as all due respect is paid to the person you are talking to and what you are talking about. I say things always, with all due respect to who I'm talking to and what I'm talking about. So if you don't like it, stop being so sensitive!

- The wall of ignorance is porous, no matter how big and how thick. There is always a way through.

- Clock time is bullshit - Time is only as fast as the observer's heart is stimulated. Ever hear someone say "Time flies when you're having fun?". Once your heart is immersed in stimulating activity, be it thinking, creating, speaking, loving or learning, time will always go quicker. If you have nothing to be excited about, time will seem to move slower. It's that simple. Time is relative to how big the object (of affection) is.

- The best way to appreciate your woman is never to marry her. Just be infatuated. Eternally.

- It's never easy to admit you've made a mistake. Especially while in the middle of making it.

- I must be one of the dumbest people I know, according to my own standards. Great men seldom speak unless they're really famous. I never shut up.

OK, I'm done

No comments:

Post a Comment