Saturday, February 26, 2011

Fools

I want you to go out onto the street and point out at least one fool

do it

then go back inside and point at yourself in the mirror

Because foolishness is relative and no matter who you are or where you are, someone thinks you are a fool

I have not met one person in my whole life whom I didn't think was a fool. It's ok

You think I am a fool too.

I think I'm a fool. And I'm OK with that

Once you accept that human nature is curiosity and confusion based, you start to realise we are all fallible, incompetent fools the lot of us. We find it annoying when someone takes a certain position on something we ourselves do not agree with and we also hate it when someone takes no stance on anything. Even do-gooders piss us off because there will always be something we like that they don't. We are all fools, it's relative. Because even if we do not think another is a fool, they probably think we are about something we have done or intend to do. Intellectuals are fools. Trolls are fools. Professionals are fools. Politicians are fools. Even those that risk their lives everyday are fools. That is the biggest freedom you will ever have. The freedom to make choices, even bad ones or foolish ones. Because everyone does it. Even really smart people. It's trial and error. Heroes are fools and so are selfish bastards.

So why do we seek to over-complicate everything? Have you ever watched a thread or forum collapse into utter chaos, trolling or flame wars and sit back and say "what idiots! look at them argue amongst themselves!"

HA!

What a position to take on it. People who are holier-than-thou are some of the biggest fools there are, because they think they are immune to mistake, anger or even strong opinion. If you think you are better for taking a step back, you are a high ranking fool. At least the trolls are taking chances and might learn something.

Foolishness is relative. Atheists think Religious people are fools for wasting their time and their only life. Religious people think Atheists are fools for not believing in God.

Scientists seek to understand things by taking the most complicated route through mathematics and physics in order to prove something simple.

Why do you care if someone doesn't understand something that you are sure YOU do? Big deal, let fools be fools. Learning is relative too. You cannot make a person learn by shouting or by being staunch and immovable. You can bring a horse, etc etc.

I am a fool, perhaps the biggest of all, just because I choose to try to explain this thought I have had. Maybe I'm a fool to care at all. You know, making myself the fool is one of the biggest experiences of my life. I went to Japan and stayed for 3 months with €500 because I am a fool. I broke up with girls because I am a fool. I write things because I am a fool. I play and enjoy video games because I am a fool. I find myself continually in different places in mind and heart because I am a fool. It never ends and it is great

Look into the mirror and point at yourself. Look deep and lovingly into your eyes and accept the fool that you are. Say it loud. Say it often and say it to as many people as you can

Then you will wake up to life and stop caring about bullshit, be it opinions of others or insecurities about yourself, your situation or body or whatever. Even beautiful people make mistakes. You make stupid mistakes. We all do.



Those who say they don't make foolish decisions and say stupid things are fools

Just like you and me

No comments:

Post a Comment