Thursday, March 11, 2010

Piety or Deity?

Give me mercy
Give me respite
Grant me a small liberty
From thoughts that keep me awake at night

Let me enjoy life, let me express
Allow me to get things off my chest
Give me freedom, let me live
Keep me away from anxiety and stress

Allow me a moment to think clear
To bring my thoughts to the front, to have them near
Empty my mind of all distraction
Not to react to each thought reaction

I ask these simple things, dear Lord
Do not breathe to me a single word
To leave us, all human beings alone
To claim our rightful Earthly reward

I just dreamt this up today. We pray to someone we don't know even exists but somehow know we can hear us for clarity when all we have to do is just not think about things too much or do the right thing. Who else can grant us this? A counsellor? A priest? A God?? Is someone gonna come along with a thought vacuum and whisk away all those things? Won't it be better treated when the time comes? We are convinced there is a higher power at work, pushing this stuff into our heads. That sounds a bit schizophrenic to me to be honest. We need His permission not to think of Him. Crazy. I can think and I cannot. It's my decision. I think that God is the little voice inside, don't you? Do the right thing and you won't have to be sorry. You can forgive yourself. You can live guilt free. We decide what is right and wrong for ourselves. Plato called it "Justice". Look it up. To know yourself is to know God and all that etc etc

Anyway, it was just a thought. It's almost as crazy as thinking I could ever freely accept to be religious. Like I could freely accept to conform to a book of wanna-be good guy's made up anecdotes. It's just a weird idea. Jesus had a weird idea that was not too bad in essence. Shame about all that fucked-up information that smothered it. Anyone can write metaphorically. Anyone just did.

That's my lot for the day.

Be virtuous

No comments:

Post a Comment