Monday, April 5, 2010

Lucky Sevens

missed a few days. missed a few days. missed a few days.

damn it's been bad. Not for lack of inspiration, just how to channel it, ya know?

I was knocked off my little safe pedestal.

No, I lie. My pedestal was rocked only. There is no such thing as a bad rock and there is no such thing as a bad lesson to learn.

What I learned is, you can please some of the people only some of the time. But more importantly, you can only but speak truthfully, no matter who it hurts. You may be doing them a favour.

Problem = I didn't realise the whole truth about myself for the last 2 months, only some of it.

And how the mighty doth fall.

I was sincere about everything I have written up until this point, but the feedback was censored to my sensitive ego. It's pretty funny actually looking back on it.

So yeah. I was thinking of what to write and how I should write it. Should I change? Should I cater to only a select few or continue as I was?

Well I couldn't continue exactly as I was. There was an interesting thing that was pointed out to me. I was only pointing out discrepancies in others ways, not my own.

An interesting point I thought

I had a few issues I needed to iron out. Sometimes (I would argue ALL the time, but however) it's better just to let things go.

If you think you have something completely figured out, such as a couple, a woman, a man, or whatever, you are at your furthest point from understanding it. Understanding is ongoing, not conclusive.

Friends - good ones, are never too far away and are always interested in what you are doing.

Values and virtues are not to be compromised. "to thine own self be true" etc etc

The world isn't that bad. Some of it's inhabitants are just short-sighted and greedy.

Jobs are not that bad if you enjoy them, or at least those you work with.

Spouses are not bad so long as you love them unconditionally in an unforced manner and the relationship is mutually beneficial. Some people just forget that relationships are symbiotic, not one-sided. You could meet someone 60ft below the earth in a coal mine and they could still be the love of your life so long as there's room for understanding and respect.

Endings are just new beginnings

Time travel only exists in your head. Stay out of your head! (and i don't mean hammered/wasted) :P

Being vague only gets you second best. Sometimes second best is all right ... so long as you're happy

I am happy to write cynically, Ironically and angrily so long as it stays on screen and doesn't follow me around.

People should recognise that my writing persona and real everyday Matt are not depressed! Just ever-curious.

Cyber dating is better than cyber-hating.

It's all relative. Everything and everybody, every situation you've ever been in with anyone who was present at the time is relative to who you are now. Give yourself and those you have known and haven't been in touch with for whatever reason, the credit they deserve. You are not super-human. You are not self-made no matter how proud you are

Never forget the importance of music in your life. Whether you play it, write it, listen to it, criticise it, or loathe a certain type. It's an amazing resource to appreciate. Never say never where music is concerned.

What happens in the past, stays in the past. That person you have deep concerns with might want your acknowledgement as much as you want theirs. Take an open-minded, level approach to them. Listen.

How many times must you have the same discussion with that someone? Maybe that's who they are. Start dealing with it or get left behind.

Some people are gay. Some are Jews, Some are Black. Some don't like AC/DC. Some don't wear the newest fashion. Some are disabled for one reason or another. Some like sex in ways you don't agree with. So long as these people don't hurt anyone else and are reasonable and just, leave them to their lives and worry about your own.

The love of your life may be a person who lives far far away. Allow that idea to thrill you, even just a little.

Silence is much more valuable than gold.

No matter how complicated and confusing something is, there is an easy way to do it.

This is something I could rhyme on and on about. Universal to suit the particular.

It's absolutely awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment